The first LESC was launched at COP22 and was the first large-scale technical-solutions conference organized for country delegations, placing innovative technological solutions at the core of the COP meeting.
The specific objectives of the conference are:
- Strengthen the technical capacities of the 196 signatory governments of the UNFCCC to design and implement long-term low greenhouse gas emissions development strategies
- Chart key technology pathways for decarbonized energy systems, based on public-private partnerships
- Create an intensive global dialogue among engineers and technology specialists on best practices and innovative solutions for a low-emissions future
- Senior representatives from government with responsibility for the design, promotion and implementation of NDCs and LEDSs.
- Technical experts in related fields, world-leading scientists and engineers, high level research representatives from the business sector and guests from cities and regions around the globe.
The key outcome of the Solutions Conference will feed into the Global Climate Action Agenda.